Indian Citizens Stranded In Iran; First Flight Tomorrow Amid Evacuation Plans
India issued an urgent advisory for its citizens on Thursday to leave Iran and announced plans to evacuate them due to growing safety concerns amid ongoing unrest in the country. The first evacuation flight is scheduled to depart from Tehran to New Delhi tomorrow.
“All students have been duly registered, the Indian embassy has collected their personal details and passports, and the first batch has been informed to remain ready by 8 am,” the Jammu and Kashmir Students Association (JKSA) said in a statement.
Iran Brings In Iraqi Militia To Crack Down On Protesters Amid US Threats
Students of Golestan University and a few students from Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences and Tehran University of Medical Sciences will form the first evacuation batch arriving tomorrow.
The final passenger list will be shared later tonight after it has been confirmed by the authorities.
On Wednesday, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar received a phone call from Iranian Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi, during which they discussed the situation in and around Iran.
Separately, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) advised Indians to avoid travelling to Iran. According to the foreign ministry, there are around 10,000 Indian citizens in Iran.
Iran Says Protester Erfan Soltani Not On Death Row Amid Trump’s Threats
India issued its travel advisory amid escalating regional tensions, triggered by US President Donald Trump’s warnings of military action if Iran continues its violent suppression of nationwide protests. The protests erupted in Tehran late last month following a historic collapse in the value of the Iranian rial and have since spread across all 31 provinces. What began as demonstrations over economic hardship has transformed into broader demands for political reform.
Trump has threatened “very strong action”, including the possibility of large-scale airstrikes, should Iranian authorities proceed with executing protesters. In response, Iran’s leadership has declared the country “ready for war” and vowed to strike US military bases throughout the region in the event of an attack.
Latest Posts
- Liushenyu Coal Mine Blast Kills At Least 90 Workers, President Xi Jinping Urges Workplace Safety
May 24, 2026 | Breaking News, World - India-Canada Eyes $50 Billion Trade Goal, Minister Piyush Goyal Heads to Canada
May 23, 2026 | Breaking News, India, World - Iran-US Talks Heading Positively, Both Countries Ahead for Ending Middle East Conflict
May 23, 2026 | Breaking News, Politics, World - Major Gladglare: Rajya Sabha MP Raghav Chadha appointed as chairman of the Rajya Sabha Committee on Petitions
May 23, 2026 | Breaking News, India, Politics - Jammu Kashmir High Court Quashes PSA Detention of Activist Rehmatullah Padder; Orders Immediate Release
May 22, 2026 | Breaking News, Doda, Jammu Kashmir - Rajnath Singh, Ahn Gyu-back Hold Talks to Expand India–South Korea Defence Partnership
May 21, 2026 | Breaking News, India, World - 16 Arrested For Bandra Violence: Officials
May 21, 2026 | Breaking News, India - US-Cuba Tensions Escalate as Miguel Díaz-Canel Warns of ‘Bloodbath If Attacks
May 19, 2026 | Breaking News, Politics, World - Leaked Pakistan Secret Cypher Exposes US Role in Ouster of Imran Khan
May 19, 2026 | Breaking News, Politics, World - New Study Finds Green Steel Could Help India Avoid US$1 Trillion in Coking Coal Import Exposure
May 19, 2026 | Breaking News, Press Release