February 18, 2024
Emergency Room Fire at Karachi Hospital Injures Seven Paramedics; Short Circuit Blamed
World Fire Pakistan News

Emergency Room Fire at Karachi Hospital Injures Seven Paramedics; Short Circuit Blamed

Emergency Room Fire at Karachi Hospital Injures Seven Paramedics; Short Circuit Blamed.image/repersentional

Emergency Room Fire at Karachi Hospital Injures Seven Paramedics; Short Circuit Blamed

On Sunday, a fire engulfed the emergency room of Sindh Government Hospital Liaquatabad in Karachi, resulting in severe burns for seven paramedical staff members, as reported by Dawn, citing local authorities. Zeeshan Shafiq Siddiqi, the Central Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), mentioned that the police responded promptly to a potential “explosion” within the hospital.

The injured individuals were swiftly transported to the Burns Centre of Dr. Ruth Pfau Civil Hospital Karachi for medical attention, according to SSP Siddiqi. To determine the exact nature of the incident, the Bomb Disposal Unit (BDU) was called in.

Investigations by SSP Siddiqi revealed that a short circuit in the emergency ward triggered the fire, and subsequently, a refrigerator’s compressor, containing medications, exploded. All of the victims were identified as on-duty paramedics, as stated by police surgeon Dr. Summaiya Syed. Dr. Syed further reported that four of them were in critical condition with severe burns, while six were facing respiratory issues due to the impact on their respiratory tracts.

In response to the incident, a committee was formed under the directive of the provincial director general of health services. This committee is tasked with investigating the circumstances surrounding the fire and identifying those responsible. The committee has been given a three-day deadline to submit its report.

Meanwhile, the report from the Bomb Disposal Unit (BDU) clarified that the fire originated in the hospital’s advanced emergency department on the ground floor due to an electrical short circuit in a storage area. The report also stated that the explosion of a refrigerator’s compressor caused minimal damage to the space. Despite an extensive search, the BDU found no evidence of explosive material or detonating devices.

Avatar
Asif Iqbal is a seasoned news writer with a passion for delivering the latest updates to the public. Currently serving as the senior writer at VoM News, a prominent news outlet known for its comprehensive coverage of diverse topics, Asif has established himself as a reliable source of information. With a keen eye for detail and a knack for storytelling, he consistently provides readers with well-crafted articles that cover a wide range of news categories. His dedication to journalistic integrity and his commitment to staying ahead of the news curve make him an invaluable asset to Vom News, ensuring that readers are always well-informed on the issues that matter most. You can find his work and stay updated on current events by visiting vomnews.in.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *