
No Evidence of Active Cyberattack on DRDO , Defence Ministry Refutes Reports
New Delhi, July 29, 2026 [VoM News]: Citing the reports of no evidence of any active cyberattack, unauthorised network intrusion or ongoing data theft, the Ministry of Defence on Tuesday dismissed media reports claiming a cybersecurity breach at the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
Amid the reports on some media outlets regarding this breach, the clarification came.
Earlier, some media outlets outlets reported that an attempt was being made by a threat actor to sell a large volume of alleged DRDO data on the dark web.
As of now, the officials have stated that a detailed investigation had been conducted by the concerned agencies under the Ministry of Defence.
“It is clarified that there is currently no evidence of any active cyber attack, unauthorised network intrusion, or ongoing data exfiltration,” a senior official said.
The ministry described the reports as incorrect and unverified and said most of the data allegedly being circulated is unclassified and does not contain confidential information.
According to officials, some of the material being portrayed as sensitive is linked to an old data breach dating back to 2020–2022.
They alleged that threat actors had deliberately repackaged and fabricated documents to make them appear recent and confidential.
Officials further said the documents cited in the alleged leak are outdated, have undergone multiple revisions and no longer reflect the organisation’s current systems or configurations.
The investigation also found that the same set of data was being offered for sale by multiple threat actors, indicating that it was not linked to any recent breach.
The Ministry maintained that the alleged leaked data had been deliberately manipulated by cybercriminals to create panic, enhance its perceived value and generate financial gains through illegal sales on the dark web.
Latest Posts
- No Survivors as Kenya Helicopter Crash Takes Lives of 7, Including Ecuador Intelligence Head and 5 US Nationals
August 20, 2026 | Breaking News, World - Russia Launches Fresh Missile Strike at Kyiv, 2 Killed
August 20, 2026 | Breaking News, Russia-Ukraine Conflict, World - Live Globe News August 20 – 2026 | Latest News Updates | VoM News
August 20, 2026 | Breaking News, Live Updates - Former Delhi Minister Satyendar Jain Tells Court Delhi Jal Board Tender Was Floated After He Left Portfolio
August 19, 2026 | Breaking News, India, Politics - ED Raids 10 Locations in Delhi, UP in Money-Laundering Case Linked to Azam Khan’s Trust
August 19, 2026 | Breaking News, India - US Envoy Sergio Gor Met CM Omar Abdullah, says Jammu Kashmir Travel Advisory May Be Reviewed
August 19, 2026 | Breaking News, India, Jammu Kashmir, World - Four Injured as Xylo Carrying Dead Body Skids Off Road Near Sinthan Top
August 19, 2026 | Breaking News, Jammu Kashmir - NASA Posts Photos Of SpaceX Falcon 9 Moon Crash crater
August 19, 2026 | Breaking News, Science & Technology, Technology - India’s Renewable Energy Breakthrough: Coal-Like Reliability at a Lower, Fixed Price
August 19, 2026 | India, Press Release - Nvidia H200 Chips Allowed Into China in Small Batches: Report
August 19, 2026 | Breaking News, Business, World