
Massive search operation launched in North Kashmir after deadly attack
Massive search operation launched in North Kashmir after deadly attack
A massive search operation was launched Saturday morning by the security forces in Botapathri and nearby areas in North Kashmir, with the Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Baramulla stating that 3-4 terrorists were involved in a deadly terror attack on Thursday evening.
Speaking to the media in Baramulla, the SSP, Zaid Mohammed said that the operation had been halted overnight but resumed in the wee hours today. “Police, Army, Paramilitary, and other security forces are involved in the massive combing operation.”
The extensive search is covering the woods from Baba Reshi to Gulmarg and other adjacent areas.
The SSP also said that prior to the Botapathri attack, the search operations were initiated in other locations based on specific intelligence inputs. “We have launched multiple input-based search operations in Pattan and Kreeri areas.
As far as the evidence is considered, 3-4 terrorists are believed to be involved in the terror attack,” he added.
Pertinently, the attack occurred on Thursday evening, which claim the lives of 5 including three soldiers and two porters—(KNO)
Latest Posts
- Chatroo Minor Death Case: School Teacher Suspended Pending Inquiry; Two Accused Arrested
August 22, 2026 | Breaking News, Jammu Kashmir - No Survivors as Kenya Helicopter Crash Takes Lives of 7, Including Ecuador Intelligence Head and 5 US Nationals
August 20, 2026 | Breaking News, World - Russia Launches Fresh Missile Strike at Kyiv, 2 Killed
August 20, 2026 | Breaking News, Russia-Ukraine Conflict, World - Live Globe News August 20 – 2026 | Latest News Updates | VoM News
August 20, 2026 | Breaking News, Live Updates - Former Delhi Minister Satyendar Jain Tells Court Delhi Jal Board Tender Was Floated After He Left Portfolio
August 19, 2026 | Breaking News, India, Politics - ED Raids 10 Locations in Delhi, UP in Money-Laundering Case Linked to Azam Khan’s Trust
August 19, 2026 | Breaking News, India - US Envoy Sergio Gor Met CM Omar Abdullah, says Jammu Kashmir Travel Advisory May Be Reviewed
August 19, 2026 | Breaking News, India, Jammu Kashmir, World - Four Injured as Xylo Carrying Dead Body Skids Off Road Near Sinthan Top
August 19, 2026 | Breaking News, Jammu Kashmir - NASA Posts Photos Of SpaceX Falcon 9 Moon Crash crater
August 19, 2026 | Breaking News, Science & Technology, Technology - India’s Renewable Energy Breakthrough: Coal-Like Reliability at a Lower, Fixed Price
August 19, 2026 | India, Press Release